If you are planning to move your website to a new domain, you might need a list of all your URLs to redirect them to your new website, if you might be wondering how would that be possible, in this article I am going to tell you the easy way to export all WordPress URLs in text and CSV format.
Why You May Need to do Export All WordPress URLs in Text and CSV Format?
While migrating your website to a new domain you would not like to lose ranking of your website in search engines and for that, it becomes necessary to redirect your old URLs to new one but when your website has too many web pages it’s a very time-consuming job, in that case, you might want a list of all of your URLs.
Other than this you might also need to share URLs with an SEO team or you might want to track your individual pages.
So if the reason is clear to you, let’s discuss how to export all wordPress URLs in text and CSV format.
Exporting All WordPress URLs in Text and CSV Format
- First, go to Plugins » Add New and search for the plugin “Export All URLs”, install and activate the plugin.
- After the activating the plugin head over to Settings » Export All URLs page.
- Select the type of post you would like to export, the plugin allows you to export URLs for all your posts, pages, and custom post types but you have the option to limit it to selected post types if you want.
- Select either you want to display the output on the plugin page or want to download in CSV format.
- After you have made your choice, click on “Export” button to continue.
- The plugin will display the URLs’ on the plugin’s settings page or export it on a CSV file, that depends on your setting.
For those of you who have no idea what a CSV file is, CSV files are just plain text files with comma separated values and you can open them in any text editor or spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets.
If you have any query regarding the article, feel free to drop you comments below.